Many bloggers or users can’t figure out how to get organic traffic to your site? Chances are you are not using the right SEO keywords. SEO involves choosing the right word that people are typing into search engines to find your content. Today I will tell you exactly how to choose keywords for SEO so you can increase your organic traffic!
WHAT IS SEO AND WHY IS IT IMPORTANT
Search Engine Optimization(SEO) is a process of optimizing your website to get organic, or un-paid, traffic from the search engine results page. There are some very specific and deliberate things that you must do to guarantee your content found in search results. Choosing the right keyword is the first step. The right keyword is the most searched keyword in Google searches. You have to know how to choose keywords for SEO.
HOW TO CHOOSE KEYWORDS FOR SEO
SEO research suggests finding the most searched keywords on the internet for a given topic. There are many different ways to say the same thing, which means what people type into the Google search box will vary. Keyword optimization means that you need to choose the word or phrase that other people are typing into that search box. Knowing how to choose keywords for SEO will ensure you pick the right Keywords.
HOW TO RESEARCH KEYWORDS
When you are getting ready to write a new post, you must do some research on keywords for the topic you plan to write about. Choosing the wrong SEO keywords will result in no organic traffic. You must research keywords and know how to choose keywords for SEO to find the most search keywords so you post will rank for that particular keyword.
- Write down your planned post topic: First, write down your planned content topic.
- Use a keyword research tool: The swiftest and simplest way to get started with finding the best keywords is to use a keyword research tool. There are several free keyword search tools you can use.
- Keywords Everywhere – This is a browser extension that you can use for free. Once you install it on your browser, you’ll see keyword search volume and competition for every word or phrase that you type into the Google search box.
- Google Search – When you do a search in Google, you’ll often find “related searches” at the very bottom of the page. These phrases might further restrict ideas for the best keyword to use in your post.
- Google Keyword Planner – This is another free keyword research tool that provides a lot of information for you to make a decision on the best keyword to use.
- Competitor Keyword Analysis – The best keywords will have a higher search volume and low competition.
- Choose the Best Keyword: Knowing how to choose keywords for SEO means choosing a long-tail keyword. A long-tail keyword is a longer phrase containing your main keyword. You will have the best chance at ranking on Page One of Google if you choose a long-tail keyword because it is a very specific search query.
Always try to evade using a keyword that only has 1-3 words in the phrase. Preferably, attempt for keywords that are a minimum of 5 words. There will be times, depending on your niche or topic, that you might not find any search volume on phrases longer than 3 words and that is ok. If there is a longer phrase with search volume, however, you will have a much better chance at ranking on Page One of Google if you go with a long-tail keyword.